Can I trade crypto in UK? The FCA announced a ban, affecting UK retail traders, on trading cryptocurrencies through derivatives like spread bets and CFDs. The ban began on 6 January 2021.
What is the best crypto trading platform UK?
- eToro – Live prices; Wallet; Advanced trading tools; Popular coins.
- Uphold – Good for beginners; Cheap Forex rates; Crypto wallet.
- Coinbase – Best for beginners; Live prices; Wallet; Popular coins.
- Gemini – Live prices; Crypto wallet; Beginner-friendly.
Do you need a license to trade cryptocurrency UK? Yes, you still need it. Even if your firm is regulated by the FCA and/or PRA, the crypto provisions of the MLRs 2017 require you to obtain crypto assets authorisation from the FCA in addition to the existing regulatory authorisations.
How to invest in crypto in the UK?
- Sign up to a crypto exchange such as eToro, Coinbase or Uphold.
- Fund your account with GBP.
- Research cryptocurrencies.
- Buy your preferred cryptocurrencies.
- Sign up for a crypto wallet, e.g. Coinbase Wallet or eToroMoney Wallet.